In addition to being a high-grade lithium mine, Tanco is the world’s largest producer of caesium and contains the largest tantalum reserves in Canada.
The Whitlock Project is located in the Lithium rich Manitoba – Ontario region and is surrounded by world class lithium deposits including:
- PAK Project – 41.8Mt @ 1.53% Li2O
- Georgia Lake – 13.3Mt @ 1.09% Li2O
- Separation Rapids – 10.2Mt @ 1.4% Li2O
- Seymour Lake – 9.9Mt @ 1.04% Li2O
The Whitlock Project is located immediately along strike on either side of the Tanco Mine, with multiple significant resources in the immediate vicinity including:
- Tanco Lithium Mine 7.3Mt @ 2.76% Li2O.
- Donner Lake Lithium Deposit 3.6Mt @ 1.28 Li2O.
- Irgon Lithium Mine 1.2Mt @ 1.51% Li2O.
The Whitlock Lithium Project covers approximately 195km² and is located 120km northeast of Winnipeg, the provincial capital and straddles the border between southern Manitoba and Ontario, Canada. The mining claims are separated into three areas, the Ryerson, Davidson and Anson Claim Groups which are located either immediately west or east of the Tanco Mine – Canada’s only operating lithium mine.
Whitlock Lithium Project Location
Surrounded by lithium deposits
Ryerson Claim Group
Extensive network of mapped pegmatites
- Mapped pegmatites along strike from and hosted in the same geological unit as the Tanco Mine
- The pegmatites mapped at surface within the Whitlock Project are highly prospective for lithium mineralisation and there is also potential to discover additional buried lithium-bearing pegmatites, similar to the Tanco pegmatite.
- No drilling has been undertaken around the extensive network of mapped pegmatites in the southeast portion of the claim block.
- Drilling that has been undertaken for other commodities has intersected significant thickness’ of pegmatite including 19.2m of pegmatite in TML-08-02.
Davidson Claim Group
Significant pegmatite intersections in historic drilling.
- 51 holes drilled previously for a total of 5,472m.
- 32 contained logged pegmatites with 8 holes containing pegmatite thickness greater than 5m.
- The thickest interval of pegmatite was 28m in Hole 2.
- None of these holes were targeting lithium mineralisation.
- None of these holes were assayed for lithium.